Colin Powell’s 13 Rules
I have long been an admirer of Colin Powell, and have read two of his books. General Powell has been an outstanding leader as a combat officer, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, and Secretary of State. He has shared 13 rules that guide his life and I submit them to you as possible rules to consider for your own life. Let me know what you think.
Colin Powell’s 13 Rules:
- It ain’t as bad as you think. It will look better in the morning.
- Get mad, then get over it.
- Avoid having your ego so close to your position that when your position falls, your ego goes with it.
- It can be done!
- Be careful what you choose. You may get it.
- Don’t let adverse facts stand in the way of a good decision.
- You can’t make someone else’s choices. You shouldn’t let someone else make yours.
- Check small things.
- Share credit.
- Remain calm. Be kind.
- Have a vision. Be demanding.
- Don’t take counsel of your fears or naysayers.
- Perpetual optimism is a force multiplier.
Are You Ready to Receive Quality Dental Care!
Contact us with any questions or to schedule an appointment to reclaim your smile today!